FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The BoLo Yeung Fan Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBoLo-Yeung.com

JALAL MERHI- Interview for BoLo-yeung.com

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

JALAL MERHI- Interview for BoLo-yeung.com Empty
PostSubject: JALAL MERHI- Interview for BoLo-yeung.com   JALAL MERHI- Interview for BoLo-yeung.com Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jalal Merhi is a Canadian action film actor-director-producer of Lebanese origin. Merhi is mostly familiar to the fans of the 90’s action & martial arts movies. Throughout his career he worked with such stars as legendary Bolo Yeung, David Carradine, Cynthia Rothrock, Olivier Gruner, Billy Blanks, Lorenzo Lamas.
Today, Jalal Merhi is mostly a director, and founder of his own movie
production company Film One. From its inception in 1989, Jalal Merhi's
company, Film One, has carved its niche in the lucrative action genres.
Merhi is also an accomplished jeweler & an avid racing car fan.

The martial arts fans remember you from unforgettable movies such as "Tiger Claws", "TC 2000" and "Talons of the Eagle" with martial arts legends such as Bolo Yeung, Billy Blanks, Loren Avedon and Cynthia Rothrock. How did you get started in the movie business?

I was in a tournament, which I won weapon and open hand Championship, and it happened that a producer was in the audience looking for fighters for his next movie called Honour. So he picked me, and after that I went to film school.

You are a real martial artist. When you started your martial arts?

I was at the age of 11, and I learned 1st Tae Kwan do, then Shotokan, then, after 2nd dan I went to Kung fu.

You've worked with Bolo Yeung in "Fearless Tiger","Tiger Claws" 1 & 2 and "TC 2000". When you met him?

I met Bolo, in Hong Kong in 1990, I was filming "Fearless Tiger" there, so we figured since we are there let's create a part with him in it.

In the movies:"TC 2000" and "Fearless Tiger" Bolo is a good guy. Was that your idea?

Yes, as a producer I talked with Bolo after "Tiger Claws" and I promised him a good guy role, and I did the same switch in "Tiger Claws 2".

"Blizhniy Boy:The Ultimate Fighter"...Do you know anything about this movie?

Yes, the producer of Blizhniy Boy, Erken, worked on "Circuit 3" as a fighter and a bad guy, he asked if I could introduce him to Bolo & David Carradine, so I did and then he took a lot of pictures in Hollywood with the Stars, and sent to some investors in his country, when they sent him investments, I worked with Erken's Russian Ideas and we created an English script.I directed the first 60 min. of the film that we shot in Toronto, but I was very busy and could not travel and do the Russia shoot, it is a good film and I hope it comes out soon. Bolo's role is a trainer to the main fighter.

What is your favorite movie you have starred in?

"Tiger Claws".

Are you a huge fan of fast cars?

Yes.

What is your new movie project?

I am finishing "Circuit 3" & "Risk Factor", The will be ready this summer.

Thank you very much for the interview.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bolo-yeung.com/

JALAL MERHI- Interview for BoLo-yeung.com
Page 1 of 1